CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Gabriela's latest (this is a long one)





Gabi is doing a few more fun things at 8 and 1/2 months. She is sooo cute!! The thing that mommy thinks is the cutest is pat-a-cake. Whenever mommy starts singing the song, Gabi starts clapping (without being prompted to clap!). She also starts dancing EVERY time she hears Baa Baa Black Sheep. She likes the beat, I guess.
She is finally getting a tooth! Took her long enough. I got my first one at 4 months old! Daddy thinks there are two coming in but mom can't find the other one that he "thinks" he feels.
She is also feeding herself pretty well and eating lots of finger foods like cheese, cheerios, peas, avocado, bits of bread, pasta and cooked carrots. She loves food just like I do! Mommy has 2 good eaters on her hands....3 if you count daddy. We are also very proud that she now LOVES drinking from her sippy cup. She drinks it like a pro! Yay! My sister is becoming such a big girl!
She still has no interest in crawling but rolls all over to get where she wants to go. This morning she rolled all the way into my "cave" under the coffee table. I thought this was hilarious and Gabi and I both had a good laugh. : D
Sleeping through the night is still sporadic for Gabi AND me but seems to be gradually getting better...definitely... maybe.
Gabi's favorite toy of all right now is a big, red ball. This thing makes her happy when nothin' else will. She rolls it around and is quite good at using her feet like hands to play with it when she is on her back.
She is also such a copycat lately. Mommy says that this morning, when she was trying to relax Gabi for her nap by swaying side to side with her and patting her back, Gabi started patting mommy on the chest with the same rhythm. Silly sister.
She finally says mama, dada, baba and nana all the time now (of course, still indiscriminately). This also seemed to take her forever to do as I was doing it at 6 months old!
And last but not least, she has been waving bye for a couple weeks now. It is especially cute when she waves to her own picture on the computer. : )

3 comments:

The Tronziger's said...

Oh, Gabi is so beautiful...still had blue eyes! I think they are staying! I miss you Markie and your sister so much!

Corinna said...

Wow, you are such a big girl Gabi! I can't believe you are waving, dancing, talking, and feeding yourself! Way to go!

elaine said...

big gurrrrlll! we love you! (you forgot to add that Gabi is smiling at Josh more now- he made a big deal out of that :) )